Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Random Rumblings...

This just in...Phillip Fulmer is resigning as UT's head football coach, effective immediately, and has accepted the position of head of FEMA, due to his amazing ability to evacuate over 100,000 people in mere minutes...

I love the cameraderie of the river. There is something so genial about boating; each time you pass someone on a boat, skis, or personal watercraft, there's that laid-back tilting of the head, or the lazy lift of the hand...some unspoken acknowledgement of the kinship of the water.

Is it fantastically egotistical or merely normal that I think my children are the most adorable creatures ever to crawl the earth? I'm surprised I'm not fawning at their feet sometimes...

My elbow is still killing me. I swiped some of my mom's hydrocodone (ok, ok...I didn't *swipe* it...she gave it to me), and it's helping somewhat, but seriously, y'all...that trailer crank NAILED me. What I didn't realize until yesterday is how often I lean on my elbow with my chin in my hand...

I am getting my hair cut in the morning. It remains to be seen how drastic it will be. I'm vacillating wildly between the idea of chopping it off into a cool, spiky 'do, or just cutting a couple of inches off. I suppose we shall see what mood I'm in at 8:15 tomorrow morning.

I have seriously packed on the pounds in the last week or so. After dropping 8 pounds due to that nasty stomach bug, I thought I was on my way to losing a bit, but no.... I gained it all back and THEN SOME! What's up with that, I ask you?

And that is all for this evening. I believe that's all the random rumblings anyone can stand. I'm off to bed at an insanely early hour, and I shall enjoy every minute of it.

No comments: